Dec 16 @ 9:00 am - Dec 17 @ 4:00 pm
Training Event Navigation
BridgeScan is a two-day advanced GPR course designed for users of GSSI’s BridgeScan system for locating areas of deterioration in reinforced concrete structures. This course can be offered at GSSI Headquarters in Nashua, NH by request only. Contact GSSI for scheduling information.
Students will gain valuable hands-on experience processing GPR data collected on bridge decks from different parts of the United States. BridgeScan is an advanced class, and GSSI recommends that students have some experience with GPR technology or bridge construction/maintenance techniques prior to attending.
In addition to the RADAN software with the Bridge Assessment Module, we will also use a piece of third-party software, DPlot, in this class. DPlot is an add-in for Microsoft Excel. It is available online from www.dplot.com.
Learn how to:
- Understand the GPR method as it pertains to concrete deterioration mapping
- Locate and mark objects to find clear spots to dig
- Accurately calculate the depth to embedded steel
- Calculate the percentage of deteriorated area on the bridge deck
- Prepare contour maps showing deteriorated sections