05.19.2020: The GSSI Academy is happy to announce that we will resume in-person GPR Training Classes in June. As we slowly ease back into face-to-face operations, we expect to provide limited class availability at our headquarters, Henderson, NV, and on-site trainings. While we are excited to welcome back students, we also ask that you consider the GSSI protocols related to COVID-19:
GSSI Academy COVID-19 Protocol
The health and safety of our employees and community is at the core of what we do. GSSI continues to take guidance from the CDC, local, and federal authorities. As such, our training classes will be limited to 40-50% of the normal capacity.
What We’re Doing to Fight the Spread of the Disease
- We are limiting our class sizes and making modifications to our physical space to maintain social distancing best practices.
- We have implemented a daily health assessment before entering our Nashua headquarters. This process will include a temperature check, via touchless thermometer, and a short digital questionnaire.
- We have expanded cleaning and sanitation services throughout our facilities for team members and guests.
- The use of face masks will be required for all those attending a GSSI Academy training class. Please remember to bring your personal protective equipment with you. If PPE is unavailable, we will refuse your participation in an effort to keep others safe.
- Equipment and workspaces will be disinfected at the end of each day.
In the event that health recommendations or state/local regulations change between the time you receive your registration confirmation and the class date, we will do our best to inform you as soon as possible. For extreme cases, this may include the possibility of class cancellations. Should this occur, GSSI will generate a waitlist for the next available class offering or credit the cost of registration upon request. However, GSSI does not assume responsibility for any additional costs, charges, or expenses; to include, charges made for travel and lodging.
COVID-19 Check List
The CDC recommends you stay home as much as possible, especially if your trip is not essential, and practice social distancing if you are at higher risk of severe illness. Prior to traveling, please consider:
- Do I feel well? Have I been around or am traveling with others that have been sick or tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have I checked with my airline carrier for new travel guidelines and regulations?
- Do I have the required PPE to attend class?
CDC Recommendations on How to Protect Yourself and Others:
- Clean your hands often.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub your hands together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with others.
- Keep 6 feet of physical distance from others.
- Avoiding close contact is especially important if you are at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Pick up food at drive-throughs, curbside restaurant service, or stores. Do not dine in restaurants if that is prohibited by state or local guidance.
If you have any additional needs or questions regarding GSSI Academy’s COVID-19 protocols, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish you safe travels.